Here is a complete changelog that shows what has been done during the last few days:
- GTK3: Some minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Shell theme: Switch buttons now visible again.
- XFWM4: Updated the theme to the new look. (If you don’t have any left or right borders see: [link] )
- GTK3/GTK2/Metacity: Some bug fixes.
- GTK3: Some minor improvements to linked buttons and entrys.
- GTK3/Shell: Updated to work with Gnome (GTK+) 3.6. Will break in any earlier or later versions of Gnome.
- Shell theme: Changed the previous look on buttons and borders etc. Made the panel a bit darker.
- Mutter: New buttons taken from my previous Zukiwi theme.
All this doesn’t come without any complains though. The ever changing nature of Gnome often frustrates the maintainers of various themes and extensions and in some cases leads to the abandonment or discontinuation of many projects. The creator of Zukitwo says:
Because Gnome 3.6 is the worst release of Gnome so far – this theme no longer contains Zukitwo-Dark. I had no motivation to maintain it any longer. There are also plenty of old and new bugs plus regressions.
Let’s hope that things will soon change in the compatibility front, and that artists will focus more in creating than in porting things…