It seems that Xnoise media player is getting a lot of love and development, as we see a new release every few weeks that brings both new features and fixes.
The already magnificent lightweight GTK3 player is once again making a small step forward, with a new icon, an Album art view with search abilities, increased media types support and much more…
- Add new Album Art view with search
- New Xnoise Icon (icon by Reda Lazri)
- Recreated ‘Now Playing’ image rendering with reflections
- Add weblink to keyboard shortcuts in help menu
- Add Ctr-B keybinding for toggling album art view
- Use symbolic icon in volume slider
- Implement MPRIS 2 seek
- Mingw compatibility fixes
- Enable support for more media types
- Update translations
- Bug fixes
The new Album Art view
Notice the album art reflection in the Now Playing view
The way Xnoise works is just simple and very powerful. Users can seamlessly switch between different views and enjoy a fully unobstructed multimedia experience.
Although still at version 0.2.13, Xnoise feels super stable, and the only thing that justifies its vn is probably the lack of planned features. Whatever is here is working good and is implemented in the way it should be from the beginning. All the basic stuff is here, and new things come in the context of an importance series logic.