VLC 2.0.4 change log
- Improve playback synchronization with PulseAudio.
- Fix ALSA digital pass-through (“S/PDIF”).
- Fix live audio device selection on Mac OS X
- Fix detection of some 5.1 and 7.1 kits on Windows.
- Fix audio output behavior when the output device is plugged or unplugged during playback on Mac OS X
- Fix numerous DVD (dvdnav) crashes
- Fix HTTP playback through proxy and advertise gzip correctly
- Fix TLS busy-loop during client-side handshake
- Support for Opus decoding via libopus, including multi-channel files
- Support MSS1 and MSS2 decoding through DMO libraries
- Fix Hebrew and Greek subtitles encoding
- Fix crashes on malformed subtitles and malformed png files
- Fix crashes when using hardware decoding
- Fix issues in Ogg with zero length packets
- Fix file duration of Ogg/Theora and Ogg/Vorbis files
- Fix vimeo, koreus and youtube lua parsers
- Support Youtube live streams
- Fix Notify (D-Bus) plugin deadlock.
- Fix buffer corruption in freetype and subtitles modules
- Improve Blu-Ray and HLS support
- Fix issues on selection of playlist items for WebUI
- Codec and other 3rd party library updates
- Fix swscale and canvas behavior with Aspect Ratio
- Fix mime-type when streaming Webm over HTTP
- Fix recording behaviour in Windows network environments
- Codecs and 3rd party libary updates
- Fix media info dialog update
- Fix random/repeat preferences saving
- Fix crashes when opening audio effects dialog, with skins and playlist
- Fix crash on association dialog on Windows XP
- Fix album art display at start
This version brings our favorite player another step closer to perfection. VLC already is the best possible solution for the every day or even the more specialized needs that various users may have. Download the latest version now, and benefit from the many new improvements and fixes!