Three very important pieces of Gnome desktop environment have released new versions for their unstable branches yesterday. These are WebKitGTK, GTK3 and GLib2.
The updates concern bug fixes, interesting new implementations and additions, and translation updates! Although the use of unstable releases is generally not recommended, you can download them for testing and developing purposes.
WebKitGTK is the Gnome platform port of the WebKit rendering engine. Offering WebKit’s full functionality through a set of GObject-based APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web browsers.
- Add spell checker API to WebKit2 GTK+ API.
- Add WebKitWebView::submit-form signal to WebKit2 GTK+ API.
- Add API to get the suggested filename from a WebKitNetworkResponse.
- Add webkit_web_view_get_snapshot() to WebKit1 API.
- Paste primary selection when middle clicking in X11 WebKit2.
- Make sure WebKitWebView always has a main resource and it has already been set when the load has been committed, even for pages loaded from the history cache in WebKit2.
- Fix a run time critical warning when gdk_window_get_cursor() is called before WebKitWebView has been realized in WebKit2.
- Fix continuous insertion of newlines in Etherpad.
- Fix several memory leaks.
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for projects ranging from small one-off projects to complete application suites.
- Add keyboard handling
- Improve clipboard handling
- Add default settings implementation
- 679910 GtkTreeModelFilter: Fix _iter_previous() when iter…
- 679978 Optimize gtk_widget_path_copy() by preallocating “…
- 680754 deprecate gdk thread functions
- 680803 menubutton: Clear references in dispose, not finalize
- 680822 Document return value of GtkWidget::draw
- 680901 GTK+: The chinese translations of “even sheet” and…
- 680949 GtkColorButton documentation seems self-contradictory
- 680988 GtkMenuButton down direction positioning suboptimal
- 681005 [IconView] wrong transfer annotation for get_toolt…
- 681006 Escape should cancel DnD operation
- 681064 container: restyle queue leaks
- Traditional Chinese
- GIO now has a g_file_delete_async function
- The defaults for GThreadPools max_unused_threads and max_idle_time values have been changed to 2 and 15*1000, respectively.
- 661767 merge/improve various bits of run-in-thread functionality
- 680074 undefined symbol “get_C_locale”
- 680121 g_cancellable_source_new: don’t use a file descriptor
- 680148 gthread: check for definition of PR_SET_NAME
- 680310 Sorting of access points by strengh not working
- 680704 g_utf8_strup() crash
- 680760 GFile: Add g_file_delete_async()
- 680787 Add .dir-locals.el to tell Emacs users not to use tabs…
- 680823 g_file_make_directory_with_parents: Fix error propagation
- 680994 STATIC_ASSERT in GDBusError docs don’t have much utility
- 681116 gtlscertificate: Add g_tls_certificate_equal() function
- 681118 gtlsdatabase: Don’t complain if no callbacks for async…
- 669331 try to get gio tests working a little better on win32
- 674314 Make gtk-doc not a hard dependency of GLib
- 674800 gclosure: generic marshaller leaks return value
- 675524 gsocket: FIONREAD undeclared (needs sys/filio.h)
- 679509 use after free in g_dbus_action_group_describe_all_done()
- 679996 gobject docs minor cleanup
- 680459 Extra newline char in local implementation of g_applic…
- 680505 object_path memory leak in gdbusobjectproxy.c
- 680831 Deprecate and remove g_slice_[sg]et_config.*
- 680912 gchecksum: Add g_compute_checksum_for_bytes()
- 681151 checksum: Use functions instead of macros when buildin…
- 681158 gtlscertificate: Don’t confuse certificate and public …
- Norwegian bokmål