A new version of the popular simplistic torrent client Transmission has been released a few days ago, bringing even more fixes that concern magnet links.
The magnet link related fixes have been keeping Transmission developers busy since version 2.6 that was released 3 months ago, and with every version the situation get better and better.
The changes in detail:
- Fix crash when adding magnet links with malformed webseeds
- Fix handling of magnet links’ webseed URLs that contain whitespace
- Fix remaining time estimates of magnet links that have webseeds
- Show the webseed count in the torrent list when downloading from webseeds
- When adding torrents by URL from the clipboard, handle whitespace in the link
- Minor interface fixes for the webclient
Mac, Windows and Qt related fixes are not mentioned in this article. Also, version 2.73 came out two days after 2.72 bringing a Mac related fix so you shouldn’t bother with it.