Martin Pitt, the main developer of PyGObject announced the immediate availability of 3.4.1. This version contains a number of bug fixes, or “a nice set of bug fixes” as Pitt says, and there aren’t any changes in API.
This release follows the major 3.6.1 Gnome release which is schedule for Wednesday and contains lots lots of nice fixes!
PyGObject is a Python dynamic module that enables developers to use the power of GObject, which is part of the GNOME platform. The goal of PyGObject is to fully support GObject introspection and all its features (callbacks, GVariant support, closures, etc.).
If you want to write a GTK3 Application in Python you will find the documentation here.
PyGObject 3.4.1 | Changes
- Skip Regress tests with –disable-cairo (Martin Pitt) (#685094)
- _pygi_marshal_from_py_uint64: Re-fix check of negative values (Martin Pitt) (#685000)
- Fix leak with python callables as closure argument. (Simon Feltman) (#685598)
- Gio overrides: Handle setting GSettings enum keys (Martin Pitt) (#685947)
- tests: Check reading GSettings enums in Gio overrides (Martin Pitt)
- Fix unsigned values in GArray/GList/GSList/GHash (Martin Pitt) (#685860)
- build: Fix srcdir != builddir (Colin Walters)
- _pygi_marshal_from_py_uint64(): Use correct data type in py2.7 check (Alban Browaeys) (#685000)
- Install an .egg-info file (Johan Dahlin) (#680138)
- PyGProps_getattro(): Fix GObjectClass leak (Johan Dahlin) (#685218)
- pygobject.c: Don’t leak GObjectClass reference (Olivier Crête) (#684062)
- Fix memory leak in _pygi_argument_to_array() (Alban Browaeys) (#685082)
- Fix error messages for out of range numbers (Martin Pitt) (#684314)
- Kill dbus-daemon after running tests (Martin Pitt) (#685009)
- GVariant overrides: Support empty tuple arrays (Martin Pitt) (#684928)
- TestGVariant: Split creation test case into several smaller ones (Martin Pitt)
- Fix unused variables and results (Martin Pitt)
- tests: Fix wrong return type in test_int64_callback() (Martin Pitt) (#684700)
- Fix GValue marshalling of long and unsigned long (Giovanni Campagna) (#684331)
- Clean up deprecation message for assigning gpointers to objects. (Simon Feltman) (#683599)
- pygi-property: Lookup property in base classes of non-introspected types (Olivier Crête) (#684058)
Thanks to all contributors!!