Gnome Mail is a nice alternative for people that deal with many mail accounts but don’t want to use a “heavy” application like Thunderbird or Evolution. It seems more like a “poster” App, where emails are treated like Twits or FB “walling”. Besides do not forget that GOA has Twitter and Facebook support.
Of course Gmail (Gnome Mail!) features a chat client and support attachments.
 Attach files
 Attach Gnome Docs
 Gnome Docs Attached
Personally I would need such an App. I have my Gmail tab always on but I cannot follow my MSN and Yahoo. Gnome Mail is a smart way to keep an eye to every email account and quickly replying back. However it isn’t meant to support folder management or advance search, but who cares? You need to reply quickly back or say a hello? You need this!
- Integrated with GNOME technologies
- Aggregate inbox from mail sources in GNOME Online Accounts
- Handle attachments according to Content Transfer guidelines
- Save to Photos, Videos, Music, Documents, etc
- Conversation view of messages
- Indicate unread messages
- Search messages
- Compose and send messages
- Take action on messages:
– Reply to all
– Mark as spam
- Support both push and pull updates
- Save user state
- Automatically save message drafts
- Support a to-reply queue
- Inline replies
- View alternate folders
- Support some source specific functionality:
- Folder management
An issue in my opinion is if you can really keep a email client simple nowadays. You are getting spam mails, registration emails, advertising emails, billing from banks, from phone companies etc. It is quite a challenge to balance between simplicity and practical on this case. Anyway..
You can read more at Gnome Live!