This is the classic parody clip with Hitler. This time Hitler seems to be quite angry with Gnome developers as they removed the customization options in Gnome 3, and he declares that Linux is all about choice!
Enjoy but don’t get into political BS :)
Ok, and now we got your attention lets do the news! There was another respond to Otte’s post about the future of GTK this time from Jean-François. Will we list every single response to this controversial article? Certainly no, but this time Jean’s post is worth the reading.
His article is titled by: Staring into the Axis’ Abyss: the Railgun map and with more than 3000 words, Jean analyzes some of the “harmed” aspects of Gnome and he actually proposes solutions.
The article is kinda rough and aggressive, you will agree in some of his points, you will disagree on others, the important thing is not loosing your calm :) Below are just some of the points he makes, but there are lot more!
- Extensions are good. We need more extensions, and better integrated.
- Making gnome-tweak-tool a core component.
- Our excellent documentation might need to be more in-your-face.
- Identify confusion points for your users in your own application
- Fix our keyboard shortcuts.
- Desktop development is harder than it should be.
- Make Python (+ GTK3) the “official” language for our ecosystem
- How about providing a “GNOME SDK”?
- Make GTK3 a “compelling” sell.
Jean starts his post by saying “Let’s be honest, this blog post will never be picked up by the usual news sites. News sites don’t care about positive things, it is much more interesting to talk about impending doom“. So he proven wrong on it, on the rest of his talk is up to you to decide, but do not forget to comment on him, if you agree or disagree!