GTK+ 3.6.4 was released a few hours ago with only one bug fix. Does this mean that developers feel that the 3.6 branch has reached perfection, or is it that all hands are working on the exciting performance improvements that the 3.8 release will bring?
Combined with the many bug fixes of the 3.6.3 release, this new version of GTK+ shows that this may be the last 3.6 we will see.
Version 3.6.4 change log
- (691186) - stylecontext: Make font hack not crash
Version 3.6.3 change log
- The Wayland backend works with Wayland 1.0.0 now
- (132333) – Can’t add a palette to the dialog of a color button
- (371034) - Doc for gtk_file_chooser_get_filename: Is the resulting path absolute or not necessarily?
- (548793) – funny pattern for iterating GtkTreeModel
- (577806) - gtk_file_chooser_add_shortcut_folder adds duplicates of bookmarks
- (626499) – GtkClipboard unnotified on change of OS X pasteboard owner
- (668239) – texts disappear when notebook switch page at zh_CN locate!
- (672193) - windows (including menus) shown multiple times don’t get enter event if under mouse
- (677339) - GTK+ 3 documentation wrong about GtkWidget scroll-event signal
- (683072) - Print dialog shows cryptic status message and displays garbage in status line
- (687065) – InstallableOptions is not filtered in cups backend
- (687816) – GtkTreeView does not draw correctly since commit aaedc7b6
- (688710) - [PATCH] Splash screens shouldn’t stay on top of all applications
- (688884) – Typo in gtk_tree_view_set_tooltip_column documentation
- (689235) – Broken function declarations corrupt the stack on windows
- (690266) – Freeze with F10/Shift-F10 on submenus
- Win32: Avoid infinite recursion in the ime input module
- Quartz: Fixes for splashscreen and tooltip windows
GTK+, or the GIMP Toolkit, is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application suites. GNOME is based on GTK+, meaning that programs native to GNOME use GTK+.