It is a companion application for GnuCash for the desktop and enables flexible tracking of expenses on-the-go which can be exported to the Open Financial eXchange (OFX) format.
With GnuCash for Android you can
- Create multiple accounts and transactions
- Add a homescreen widget for quick access to your accounts
- Export your transactions in OFX
- Save your transactions to Google Drive, SkyDrive, Dropbox etc
Note that the app does not offer full compatibility with GnuCash for the desktop. It cannot open your GnuCash (for desktop) XML files with this app. But you can export your transactions from the app into GnuCash for the desktop.
Note: For those who are new here, it is important to note here again that the GnuCash for Android does not support reading your Gnucash for the desktop files. This is a companion app which allows you to track and export your expenses to OFX format which can be imported into GnuCash on the desktop.
The first update version 1.0.1 includes:
- Feature: Select default transaction type from settings
- Feature: Navigate account transactions using action bar navigation lists
- Feature: Brazilian Portuguese translation now available
- Fixed: Inconsistencies in some translation strings
This App of course is meant to work with the complex and sophisticated GnuCash which is available for Linux, Mac Windows.
Does anyone know how we can get a Nexus 10 in a descent price in Europe? Without paying Custom (entering country fees) by buying for example from US.