Gnome Foundation is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Gnome Shell 3.6!
Gnome Shell 3.6 has a re-designed interface with a new App Launcher and Notification Panel, better Accessibility Support, a new Lock Screen and it is now requiring GDM as a running dependency.
Changes from 3.5.92
- keyboard: Make input source items accessible [Florian; #684462]
- Don’t show network dialogs in the lock screen [Giovanni; #684384]
- popupMenu: Fix initial visibility of settings items [Florian; #684473]
- userMenu: Close menu immediately on user/session switch [Florian; #684459]
- Fix alignment of search section headers in RTL locales [Florian; #684379]
- screenShield: Fix unlock animation [Florian; #684591]
- Don’t open the tray from a dwell while in a modal grab [Jasper; #684458]
- userMenu: Fix texture updates on icon changes [Florian; #679268]
- Fix a11y support in the login screen [Florian, Ray; #684727, #684728, #684748]
- Make On-Screen-Keyboard usable with new message tray [Giovanni, Florian; #683546]
- Fix initial visibility of input volume in lock-screen [Florian; #684611]
Mutter 3.6 Release
Mutter release brings only documentation updates.