Speaking of bugs, yesterday sysAdmins of GNOME moved the 25GB Bugzilla database to another disk, and that caused bugzilla.gnome -and other services- to be down for some time.
The latest release of Shell corrects:
- #688487 Shell recorder now sets the duration of frames right, which caused the resulting videos to have a broken header and couldn’t calculate the video time correct. All output webm was showing 1sec duration.
- #686800 While dragging the lock screen curtain, if you were pressing “Esc” the unlock dialog could be disappeared and having a gray screen hat you can’t login. Shell now block cancellation of the unlock dialog when dragging.
- #690766, #691170 Fixing the settings in <Brightness and Lock> Panel for locking the system after a time. The setting for screen locking in the system settings didn’t seem to be taking effect.
- #683986 Fixing various issues in Message Tray. In F18 the MessageTray sometimes completely disappears and there are more issues with Empathy Chat Bubbles. The description of the bug is : MessageTray: fix reentrancy when calling out to the grab helper.
Mattias Põldaru [et], Sandeep Sheshrao Shedmake [mr], Wouter Bolsterlee [nl], Rajesh Ranjan [hi], Nilamdyuti Goswami [as], Ani Peter [ml], Andika Triwidada [id], Krishnababu Krothapalli [te], Shankar Prasad [kn], Dr.T.Vasudevan [ta], Runa Bhattacharjee [bn_IN], Rafael Ferreira [pt_BR], Balázs Úr [hu], Gheyret Kenji [ug], Yasumichi Akahoshi [ja], Yoji TOYODA [ja], Alexandre Franke [fr]
- #556696 Fix maximized windows jumping between monitor. That affects dual monitors users.
- #693042 Fix windows turning black when redirected again. That affects certain applications like Scratch
Runa Bhattacharjee [bn_IN], Rajesh Ranjan [hi], Krishnababu Krothapalli [te], ManojKumar Giri [or], Dr.T.Vasudevan [ta], Shankar Prasad [kn],Rafael Ferreira [pt_BR]
It is up to your distributor when these fixes will arrive in your box, and if you aren’t sure what Shell are you running you can see it by:
$ gnome-shell --version
Bugzilla.gnome was down yesterday and the day before yesterday for several hours. After the drawable hardware issue GNOME had some months ago they had to move the DB on combobox (which is a machine meant for NFS+VMs). The container (the main NFS node) was going out of space thus the need to move the database back to their main mysql host and leave combobox for NFS. The DB was 25G in size and the dump/restore took 3 hours. This work made by Andrea Veri and Owen Taylor.