Gnome Shell look and configuration possibilities keep on increasing in number as more and more artists use and create themes for it.
Nuxio is one of them who offers a fantastic looking GS and GDM theme for versions 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6 since a few days ago when the latest version got released.
Frieze looks clean and simplistic, and the extended use of transparent design elements make it fit almost any wallpaper. This theme is worked quite a bit, with all the little details taken care of, use of its own font called “Roboto” (included) plus some very nice customization plugins that work like GS extensions.
You can easily enable or disable them by running the customization script provided inside the “gnome-shell” folder found in the downloaded file.
- Enabling/disabling transition effects
- Alternative look for menus and dialogs
- Darker panel backgrounds
- Smaller icon size in the application overview
- Remove events area from calendar
- Remove dash/dock panel background
- Remove workspaces panel background
- Remove bottom panel background
- Roboto font fixes for Ubuntu’s font rendering (currently only available in version 3.2 and 3.4)