This release doesn’t belong to the extended support branch, so if you’re using version 10 or 17, you should ignore this post in the updating sense of it.
Testing the new PDF viewer went just fine. Pages on the left, options on the top panel, simple to use and relatively fast in performance when viewing large PDF files
- Canvas elements can export their content as an image blob using canvas.toBlob()
- Startup performance improvements (bugs 715402 and 756313)
- Debugger now supports pausing on exceptions and hiding non-enumerable properties
- Remote Web Console is available for connecting to Firefox on Android or Firefox OS (experimental, set devtools.debugger.remote-enabled to true)
- There is now a Browser Debugger available for add-on and browser developers (experimental, set devtools.chrome.enabled to true)
- Web Console CSS links now open in the Style Editor
- CSS @page is now supported
- CSS viewport-percentage length units implemented (vh, vw, vmin and vmax)
- CSS text-transform now supports full-width
- Certain valid WebGL drawing operations are incorrectly rejected, leaving incomplete rendering in affected pages (825205)
- Starting Firefox with -private flag incorrectly claims you are not in Private Browsing mode (802274)
- Plugins stop rendering when the top half of the plugin is scrolled off the top of the page, in HiDPI mode (825734)
Unfortunately, the bug that makes scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual for some users remains unresolved.