Dwb is a lightweight web browser based on the webkit web browser engine and the gtk toolkit. dwb is highly customizable and can be easily configured through a web interface. It intends to be mostly keyboard driven, inspired by firefox’s vimperator plugin.
- vi-like shortcuts
- Link following via keyboard hints
- Cookie support, whitelisting of cookies
- Proxy support
- Userscript support
- Tab completion for history, bookmarks, userscripts
- Custom stylesheets
- Flash plugin blocker with whitelisting support
- Adblocking with filterlists
- Webinterface for keyboard and settings configuration
- Custom commands, binding commandsequences to shortcuts
Just a quick screencasting so you won’t face the same surprise as I did :)
All mouse buttons work and after you get used the shortcuts it feels like ..hmm Vi :)
You will find installation instructions and instructions in general as you will need them in its page.
Just a quick tip. <o> opens the URI entry.
Red Hat is hiring!
If you are interested to work at Red Hat Desktop team and you have some knowledge at
- X Windows
- Touch screen technologies
- LDAP/Active Directory
check on Christian Schaller’s post.